BOYS SUMMER CAMP/TOURNAMENT TEAMS REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
Summer Camp registration is now open to all returning boys in grades 10-12 (grade based on 2014-2015 school year). This year’s program is designed to allow for participation by all returning players, even those playing on select/elite lacrosse teams. Coach Burke, along with other qualified coaches, will be directing the camp. Coach Burke encourages all players to register for the Camp.
The camp has two components:
1. Monday and Thursday practice sessions at LZHS from 6:30pm –8:00pm. Sessions begin June 9th and run through July 24th. Cost is $180. This camp is required for those wishing to participate in summer tournaments.
2. Three optional tournaments throughout the summer. Each tournament may be selected separately and is priced based on the cost of entry fees (between $80-95 each). Minimum roster sizes of 20 are required. Team placement will be made based on ability and at the discretion of the coaches. The club’s goal is to field two 22 player teams for each tournament. If players are not selected to participate or if not enough players elect to attend a specific tournament, a full refund of the tournament fees will be made.
Register today using the Register Now button on the homepage of the website at www.lzlacrosse.com.
Any high school player can sign up to work concessions at the AAU Basketball Tourney to be held at LZHS on Saturday 4/26 and Sunday 4/27. This is an easy way for the Lake Zurich Lacrosse Club to earn fundraising. Ask your team mates to sign up with you!
Players and parents - you have done a fantastic job with mulch sales this year! Now we need lots of help to deliver it!
Volunteers (players and parents) are needed to assist with mulch delivery and to work the on-site mulch sale on Saturday, May 3, at Knox Park. If you haven't yet met your volunteer commitment, this is your chance to do it. Family members are invited to volunteer at the mulch sale.
As discussed in the team meeting during the Town Hall, LZHS Lacrosse will begin an off-season weight training and conditioning program. The program will start in November and run through the end of February. The off-season is a time that lacrosse athletes should be preparing their bodies for the rigors of the upcoming season. By providing athletes with sports appropriate strength and conditioning programs in the off-season, players and the program overall will become more competitive and effective, while reducing the risk for injury.
- Sessions begin this Tuesday, Nov. 5th and meet every Tuesday, Thursday & Friday (except for Thanksgiving week, Winter Break & Finals Week) 6:00 AM - 7:30 AM? in the LZHS Weight Room.
- Minimum of 2 days per week or 26 sessions over 13 weeks is suggested.
- Players participating in Fall or Winter sports should communicate that information to Coach Burke or Coach Sutton.
- Due to space limitations and time constraints Freshman are encouraged to participate in the program either as part of the morning sessions or on their own (Program can be found at http://leagueathletics.com/Page.asp?n=84027&org=lzlacrosse.com). If participating on their own, Freshman players should attend one session in November for baseline testing, and one in January and February for progress testing.
We are registering for the Youth Girls Spring 2014 Season and are very excited to see a lot of returning girls to the sport of lacrosse. This shows that your family has a passion for the sport.
I would like to ask that you help with recruiting new girls to the sport. We have openings for 3rd grade through 8th grade levels. Have their friends, neighbors, classmates, etc., try out lacrosse. Your word of mouth and support is the best recruiting that we can get. We start with the basics at all levels and teach this fast paced sport.